For the treatment of erectile dysfunction taking into account the average age should know the signs of impotence in men 50 years of age. Depending on the time of appearance varies to impotence, primary and secondary. Primary is originally characterized by the complete absence of erectile function. During high school, we observe the weakening or the complete disappearance of erection when to what it was originally. One of the types of secondary impotence is of age (physiological), impotence.
Impotence after 50 years of age have as clinical manifestations of this disease, and are specific signs that imposes the age of the patients.
Generally, the symptoms of impotence
In general, symptoms of impotence can be divided into 2 large groups:
Each group has a special manifestation.
Around 80% of cases of this pathology are of organic origin. Organic impotence is not developed quickly, and in that time, and little by little. It is of long duration and disorder of the system. The impotence organic spontaneous nocturnal erection are missing, the libido has not been reduced, normal ejaculation.
Psychogenic impotence appears suddenly and, often, of that time. The main factor of its onset are disorders of the nervous system and mental nature: neurosis, depression, neurotic, the state, the problems in the relations of the partners. This type of disease causes and the reception of a series of drugs (estrogens, anticancer drugs, antidepressants, tranquilizers). Unlike impotence of organic spontaneous and nocturnal erections are here. Psychogenic disease is variable in nature — in the case of oppressive power factor can be recovered.
The signs of start and development of the impotence
The following symptoms are indications for the diagnosis of the (endothelial) dysfunction erectile. The diagnosis is considered competent to the current disorders for at least 3 months. Patient identification 1 or more of the symptoms must be a chance to the medical management:
- The reduction of the capacity of erection until the lack of it. Even with the great desire and the absence of an irritant, man cannot achieve the state of erection.
- The absence of an erection. When aroused the penis increases in size, the rest of the development process of the erection is suspended. For the sexual act, the degree of excitation is insufficient, you will lose the elasticity of your penis.
- The lack of the duration of the erection in time. The time of excitation is too short to be able to complete the sexual act. The erection is turned off in the process of ejaculation and not achieved.
- Premature ejaculation, even in men with great sexual experience. This symptom may occur when prolonged abstinence, in this case, refers to the temporary impotence. If the ejaculation occurs before start the sexual act, this indicates that the violation of the other venous.
- Spontaneous erections at night or in the morning is not observed.
- The absence or significant decrease of the libido.
- The inability to perform movements of friction.
Care the survey suggests the diagnosis of one of the psychometric scales. The recommended method is the index of the erectile function, which allows to quantify the state of erection, and determine the severity of your violation.
Specific of the signs of the age and of the influence on the power of the
Approximately 50% of men older than 50 years of age were with disorders of erection. The reduction of the incidence rates is observed in the younger adults, and increase, respectively, of the people of the third age. The manifestation of age changes is deeply individual character. Some men are manifest between 30 and 40 years, and the body of others with success in the fight with them and up to 60 years. Half a century of age, is a foreigner: before him, the norm should not be violations of the power (or are insignificant). The patients were observed for a number of natural changes that carry more risks for the sexual health of men, in which the impotence after the age of 50 years may occur more often than at a younger age:
- Reduced sexual desire due to the reduction of testosterone levels. Testosterone is a fundamental component that determines the degree of sexual desire. It also affects the immune system, the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats, hematopoiesis, bone mineral density. The maximum values of the amount of testosterone reaches to the late adolescent period and gradually decreases after 30 years of around 1% in the year. To 60-65 years (but this will depend on each case) is the significant alteration of erectile function. The age makes the impotence becoming more frequent pathology.
- The reduction in natural testosterone also results in an increase of life to achieve full erection and the reduction of its quality.
- The influence of the power you have atherosclerosis, which not only affects the blood vessels of the brain and the heart, but in the penis. In consequence, this leads to sexual dysfunction.
- After fifty years, we observe a suppression of the activity of the adrenal glands. Reduces the level of the hormone dehydroepiandrosterone (dhea) and keeps the secretion of corticotropin. The effects of the shortage of dhea can be attributed to the decrease of libido, depression, mood swings, and weakening of the power. Decreases in muscle mass and strength.
During the examination of the signs of impotence, it is necessary to point out the cases of temporal properties. They are referred to the ejaculation in the absence of a sexual life regular. This problem becomes the cause of the inability to carry the sexual act to the scheduled date for completion. To fix enough, they tend to normalize sexual life.
The age of the decline of the sexual power is a natural and gradual extinction of the sexual function, with the years, when the reproductive age coming to an end. It is important that this process took place gradually. It is a strong loss of power is going to talk about the possible pathologies.
The power reduction is excessive sexual activity. The constant irritation of receptors in the brain of the venous sinus of the penis causes a drop in sensitivity (resistance).
During this state of time is different. Depending on the individual characteristics of the body and the amount of past loads. That were longer, more time will last temporary erectile dysfunction. After the termination of the burdens of power is restored little by little.
Temporary cases are not signs of impotence and only require corrective actions.
The treatment of impotence in men after the age of 50, depends upon the correct and timely to find the cause of the disease. To the question of how to deal with the impotence, the response to the primary care physician. Self-treatment here is unacceptable and often dangerous. When the appointment of physician of the therapy, take into account not only the characteristic symptoms: psychogenic and organic, but the general state of the patient. Often, the violation of erectile function are their diseases when:
- diabetes (risk for the development of a 55%);
- coronary heart disease (risk of development 39%);
- heart disease and smoking (the risk of development 56%);
- depression (risk of development of 90%);
A significant impact negatively on the health status of the men have bad habits: smoking, drinking alcohol, low physical activity. Drugs that affect the central nervous system (neuroleptics, anticholinergics, and antihypertensive medications may also cause impotence.
The age of 50 years — the period when many men begin to happen natural changes of the body, which, along with chronic disease can create a framework of conditions for the development of erectile dysfunction. The fight against the disease should have a comprehensive approach and requires both the medical attention and the respect by the patient of a healthy lifestyle.